A fantastic new opportunity has become available for an energetic and enthusiastic Executive Chef to lead the culinary team at a 5 Star Luxury beach Hotel in Southern California.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the General Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensuring the finest quality and value of food products is available and presented to guests in all areas of the hotel
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Development and Preparation of menus suitable to each area of food & beverage, focusing on quality, creativity, presentation and guest expectations
- Ensures standards for both casual and contemporary cuisine styles; keeps current on industry trends
- Controls culinary employees' productivity within established criteria based on annual budgeted figures
- Controls all food inventories while maintaining food cost targets within the budgeted guidelines
- Development and application of Menu engineering principles in all outlets
- Ensures all aspects of health and safety are maintained, utilizing the ServSafe program as a model for health and safety within the kitchen
- Develop training programs will all kitchen employees
- Maintain and Develop Fairmont Culinary Apprenticeship program
- Ensures that all kitchen equipment is in good working order and is properly maintained and utilized
- Develop & oversee Comprehensive Action Plan based on results from the Annual Employee Opinion Survey
- Promotes and maintains a positive team role with all departments
- Promotes and emphasizes all health & safety programs
- Available and interested in media opportunities to showcase food & beverage products
- Administration of the collective agreement for the Culinary department
- Previous experience as an Executive Chef is an asset
- Minimum 8-10 years experience within all areas of culinary field including tenure as an Executive Chef or Executive Sous Chef in a similar sized property.
- Previous experience within the California Region a definite asset.
- Proven track record as an administrator, trainer and developer, and a team player with strong communication and organizational skills with all departments
- Proven abilities in attaining targets in all key measurements (EOS, H&S,GOP and JDP)
- Demonstrated ability to build a strong Kitchen team through recruitment, training and organization
- Comprehensive understanding and working knowledge of wines and viticulture.
- Strong leadership ability with specific strengths in quality production and innovative style
- Proven ability to achieve fiscal targets through implementation of inventory control logistics
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel applications
- California Food Handlers Certification required.
This Position does not offer sponsorship of Work Visas. Resumes submitted that cannot fulfill these requirements will not be considered.